We are always on the lookout for talented broking professionals to join our business. If you have experience in commercial or personal lines and think you would be a good fit then we’d love to hear from you.
Commercial Insurance Account Handler
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Insurance Account Handler to join our team in Leicester.
Responsibilities will include servicing accounts for both the new business and renewal process. This includes preparation of presentations to insurers, renewal and new business administration, negotiating with insurers and building a strong rapport with our Appointed Representatives.
You must have at least two years’ experience as an account handler with strong communication and negotiation skills. Ideally you will have a broad product knowledge range with good existing relationships with insurers.
- Prepare renewals, new business, mid-term amendments and client information presentations
- Negotiate premiums and terms with insurers
- Respond to client queries and keep Acturis system updated at all times with accurate information
- Assist less experienced colleagues when required
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Worked within a broker for at least two years dealing with commercial insurance products
- Risk aware in handling customer information
- Good customer service focus with the ability to build a good rapport
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes initiative when assisting team members
- Strong negotiation skills
- Opportunities for career progression and development with role
- 25 days annual leave plus
- Momentum Half Day – A half day off every month
- Birthday Leave – If your birthday falls on a working day you are automatically provided with annual leave (this doesn’t carry over if falling at a weekend)
- Free parking within the business park
- Full coverage of CII Membership and study/qualifications
- Private medical insurance, spouse and children can also be added to the policy at a small cost
- Flexible working between the office and home
- Free fruit/cereal is available throughout the week
Please send your CV and a covering letter to